APPLYING FOR A POSITION AT THE GRAND
Thank you for your interest in applying for a job at The Grand! The Grand Opera House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to create and maintain a diverse workplace.
Follow the specific instructions with each individual job post to apply. We do not accept online applications if there are no positions posted.
The Grand will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate. Application materials for a specific position are kept on file for one year. Due to the volume of resumes received, The Grand is unable to acknowledge each resume.
Director of Box Office Operations
The Director of Box Office Operations oversees the operation(s) of The Grand-Playhouse box office(s), leads and manages all aspects of ticketing and customer service in support of Grand-Playhouse subscribers and other patrons. The Director of Box Office Operations oversees all full-time and part-time managers-ticketing representatives, and reports to the Director of Marketing.
The Director of Box Office Operations is responsible for:
- Directing and managing all aspects of day to day ticket office operations, including patron service and satisfaction, financial and other sales reporting, and staff organization
- Observes and monitors ongoing box office operation(s) to ensure efficiency, credibility, and exceptional customer service with special attention to retaining and building crucial subscriber base
- Managing, programming and training on Tessitura ticketing system, including the building and pricing of all performances and ticketed events.
- Hiring, training, scheduling and supervising Grand-Playhouse box office-ticketing staff, making sure that all staff is fully trained in handling customer issues and explaining policies regarding ticket sales
- Addresses performance issues as they arise, and provides coaching, counseling, and encouragement to staff. Also conducts annual performance reviews etc.
- Serves as the primary box office contact with subscribers, patrons, company managers, house management staff and volunteer ushering staff, other Grand-Playhouse department heads, always maintaining an exceptional level of service and cooperation
- Monitors ongoing performance of Tessitura ticketing system and Grand web functions, liaising with Tessitura technical support staff when necessary
- Works directly with Marketing staff on special promotions, discounts, and other public communication efforts
- Portrays The Grand-Playhouse to the public professionally and persuasively
- Perform(s) other related duties and special projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years’ experience managing performing arts box office operation(s)
- Experience managing the Tessitura ticketing platform preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrable ability to manage both employees and patrons
- Ability to actively listen and coordinate actions in regards to others actions
- Clear understanding of and commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Good humor, ability to multi-task, detail to attention and creative problem-solving
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Desire to excel in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (finance, business, systems management) preferred
Position available late May. Compensation commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental and Life benefits. Generous vacation and comp time policy. To apply, send cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and three references to: Teresa Crawford, Human Resource Manager, email@example.com Please, no phone calls.