Full-time – Salary commensurate with experience
The Grand Opera House seeks an Education Manager to plan, implement and evaluate educational programs of The Grand and The Playhouse on Rodney Square. Reporting to the Director of Community Engagement, he/she is responsible for key service programs (listed below) providing arts education for all ages and segments of the community, with a strong focus on school-aged children.
Stages of Discovery school matinees and Summer Children’s Theater:
DanceWorks partnership program with First State Ballet Theatre:
- Process reservations for school matinees and show-related programs, including database entries, confirmation letters, invoices, payments, and seating assignments; coordinate efforts with box office staff
- Take phone calls to answer questions and resolve issues for ticket buyers
- Develop and oversee complementary program elements, such as classroom visits, educational partnerships, transportation scholarships, etc.
- Coordinate marketing efforts
- Advance show details with operations and production staff
- Execute program evaluations
Other duties will be assigned as needed, including but not limited to:
- Assist in coordinating weekly dance classes
- Communicate with participating schools, instructors, and FSBT
- Coordinate year-end recital, onstage rehearsals, and family tickets
- Arts Academy administration and student performances
- Teaching artist residencies at local schools and/or community centers
- Summer in the Parks event coordination and oversight
- Assistance at Grand/Playhouse concerts and special events
- Oversight of student interns or volunteers
The ideal candidate will have experience in arts education or administration, and a passion for the performing arts. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong problem-solving, customer service, organization and attention to detail are essential. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and database management. Bachelor’s degree required.
Instructions to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references via email to: Teresa Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via mail to: The Grand Opera House, Attn: Teresa Crawford, 818 North Market Street, Wilmington, DE 19801.