Applying for a Position at The Grand
Thank you for your interest in applying for a job at The Grand! The Grand Opera House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to create and maintain a diverse workplace.
The Grand will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate. Application materials for a specific position are kept on file for one year.
Due to the volume of resumes received, The Grand is unable to acknowledge each resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
The Rentals Assistant has the primary responsibility for acquiring and servicing all rentals of performance and public spaces within The Grand by external and internal customers. Rentals are conducted with the goal of maximizing use of the facility and to develop beneficial relationships within the community while generating income. The Rentals Assistant maintains a high level of customer service and positive interaction with the established clients and aggressively markets The Grand to prospective clients.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• answer phone calls, emails and walk-up inquiries in a timely fashion
• create a marketing plan to increase rental income
• participate in local events (expos, celebrations, etc.)
• distribute rental questionnaires both externally and internally
• conduct rental tours
• understand and communicate rental fees, expenses, policies and procedures
• manage rental events on the appropriate calendars
• write up and execute rental contracts and invoices
• coordinate event details with staff members and vendors
• maintain effective communication with rental clients to ensure customer satisfaction
• maintain various spreadsheets including Rental income, TULIP, etc.
• assist with Operations paperwork including general filing, PO's, etc.
• assist Director and Associate Director as needed
The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, a pro-active work ethic, and a passion for the arts -– especially music and live performance. Attention to detail, superior multitasking abilities, and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment are essential. Experience with Microsoft Office is beneficial.
Instructions to apply:
Please send cover letter and resume via email to: Teresa Crawford at email@example.com, or send via mail to: The Grand Opera House, Attn: Teresa Crawford, 818 North Market Street, Wilmington, DE 19801.
Job Type: Full-time
The Grand Opera House and The Playhouse on Rodney Square, a multi-venue multi-disciplinary performing arts center seeks to increase its impact and reach by raising additional income and support from corporate sponsorships, especially of its new Broadway in Wilmington series. The support being sought would be marketing funds (rather than philanthropic grants) from companies that seek to reinforce their own brand and community position through highly visible association with quality arts performances. The sponsorship levels would be tiered to appeal to companies of all sizes. Beyond the potential funds that can be raised, The Grand seeks to foster an expanded network of effective corporate partnerships and participation.
Working closely with the Director of Development, the Sponsorship Manager is responsible for securing $200,000 in sponsorship revenue for the 2016-17 season.
• Secure event sponsorship income with stretch targets.
• To proactively identify new sponsorship sales opportunities with likely target companies within The Grand’s service region.
• Build and maintain strong external relationships with potential sponsors through extensive telephone work and securing and leading new business meetings
• Adopting a consultative sales approach and conducting extensive telephone work (both cold calling and with existing contacts)
• Writing high quality external communications documents, including sponsorship marketing materials as required (working closely with the development and marketing departments)
• Ensure that all cultivation and solicitation activity is accurately tracked and documented.
• Ensure that all sponsorships are consistent with The Grand’s values and mission.
• Contribute to and support other departmental work as appropriate.
Personal qualities and attributes
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• A demonstrable record of success in sponsorship acquisition and new business development, or equivalent applicable experience
• Demonstrable ability to maximize opportunities from researching prospects to generating meetings, and securing income to achieve sales targets
• Experience of working in cross-departmental teams or structures to deliver projects.
• Highly self motivated
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and the ability to ensure all work is of the highest quality.
• Able to tackle multiple challenges constructively, and find creative ways forward.
Salary commensurate with experience, percentage commission on sales negotiable. Health benefits, generous vacation schedule.
Please send cover letter, resume, two applicable writing samples, and salary requirements to Teresa Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org.