Applying for a Position at The Grand
Thank you for your interest in applying for a job at The Grand! The Grand Opera House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to create and maintain a diverse workplace.
The Grand Opera House is a multi-disciplinary, multi-venue performing arts presenter in Wilmington, Delaware, the heart of the Northeast touring corridor. The organization manages three venues (two of which are historic) that are shared by three resident companies, as well as being aggressively rented to community groups and independent promoters. The Grand serves an annual audience of over 200,000 with 150-200 performances and 350 events each year.
The Grand will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate. Application materials for a specific position are kept on file for one year.
Due to the volume of resumes received, The Grand is unable to acknowledge each resume.
The Grand Opera House is looking for a stage Master Carpenter.
The Master Carpenter reports to the Technical Director and would have the following responsibilities:
• Operates and maintains the winch operated fly system in Copeland Hall stage.
• Is responsible for maintenance of all non-electrical and non-audio equipment on stages and shop areas.
• Ensures safe and proper rigging.
• Coordinates and cooperates with Master Electrician and Head Audio Engineer during work calls and performances.
• Oversees part time crew members during work calls and performances.
• Acts as stage manager for Grand and rental performances, and is on stage during these performances.
• Ensures general safe working environment on stage and in shop areas.
• Assists Grand facilities department with non-stage related maintenance or repairs.
Salary commensurate with experience and full benefits.
Send resume and cover letter to: Bob Parker, Technical Director, 818 N. Market St., Wilmington, DE 19801, or send an email to email@example.com.