Applying for a Position at The Grand
Thank you for your interest in applying for a job at The Grand! The Grand Opera House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to create and maintain a diverse workplace.
The Grand Opera House is a multi-disciplinary, multi-venue performing arts presenter in Wilmington, Delaware, the heart of the Northeast touring corridor. The organization manages three venues (two of which are historic) that are shared by three resident companies, as well as being aggressively rented to community groups and independent promoters. The Grand serves an annual audience of over 200,000 with 150-200 performances and 350 events each year.
The Grand will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate. Application materials for a specific position are kept on file for one year.
Due to the volume of resumes received, The Grand is unable to acknowledge each resume.
The Grand Opera House is looking for a stage Master Carpenter.
The Master Carpenter reports to the Technical Director and would have the following responsibilities:
• Operates and maintains the winch operated fly system in Copeland Hall stage.
• Is responsible for maintenance of all non-electrical and non-audio equipment on stages and shop areas.
• Ensures safe and proper rigging.
• Coordinates and cooperates with Master Electrician and Head Audio Engineer during work calls and performances.
• Oversees part time crew members during work calls and performances.
• Acts as stage manager for Grand and rental performances, and is on stage during these performances.
• Ensures general safe working environment on stage and in shop areas.
• Assists Grand facilities department with non-stage related maintenance or repairs.
Salary commensurate with experience and full benefits.
Send resume and cover letter to: Bob Parker, Technical Director, 818 N. Market St., Wilmington, DE 19801, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Payroll and Benefits Manager provides clerical support to the Director of Finance and the Finance Manager. He/she maintains files and records, processes employment applications, and gathers and distributes employee information. He/she also updates personnel records and assists employees with forms and procedures.
The Payroll and Benefits Manager is directly responsible for, but not limited to:
• Assisting the Finance Manager with input of Accounts Payable
• Supervising Finance intern (if applicable)
• Handling basic administrative payroll duties including, data entry, filing, and faxing
Human Resource Capacity
• Processing new employees as they are hired
• Setting them up on payroll and updating records as appropriate
• Creating personnel files and new employee and benefit packets
• Advising employees about benefit plans, which may include health, dental, vision, disability, and retirement
• Updating providers of the employee benefits with employee changes
• Processing data from time sheets into computerized payroll system (PrimePay)
• Maintaining vacation, sick and personal time
• Maintaining The Grand’s vacation calendar
• Creating payroll journal entries
• Coordinates and oversees all day-to-day payroll, benefit and human resource functions
• Assists with interview, hiring, discipline and termination processes as needed
• Coordinates annual Open Enrollment for all health and dental insurance programs
• Processes all employee wage attachments
• Responds to all unemployment inquiries from DE Department of Labor
• Processes all employment verifications
• Oversees and maintains Employee Policy and Procedure Manual
• Provides preparation for annual filing of form 5500 – 403(B)
• Record monthly postage meter and copier print counts
• Report copier print counters to Toshiba utilizing electronic report
• Updates Birthday announcements for kiosk
• Maintains staff emergency contact list
• Orders and distributes office supplies; vendors include WB Mason, Toshiba, Pitney Bowes
• Maintains participation in Toshiba Toner Recycling program; requires ordering, packaging and shipping boxes
• Creates P.O.’s for all administration and finance related invoices
• Maintains The Grand’s vacation calendar
Send resume and cover letter to: Nancy Powel, Director of Finance, 818 N. Market St., Wilmington, DE 19801, or send an email to email@example.com