Applying for a Position at The Grand
Thank you for your interest in applying for a job at The Grand! The Grand Opera House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to create and maintain a diverse workplace.
The Grand will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate. Application materials for a specific position are kept on file for one year.
Due to the volume of resumes received, The Grand is unable to acknowledge each resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
The Rentals Assistant has the primary responsibility for acquiring and servicing all rentals of performance and public spaces within The Grand by external and internal customers. Rentals are conducted with the goal of maximizing use of the facility and to develop beneficial relationships within the community while generating income. The Special Events Assistant maintains a high level of customer service and positive interaction with the established clients and aggressively markets The Grand to prospective clients.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• answer phone calls, emails and walk-up inquiries in a timely fashion
• create a marketing plan to increase rental income
• participate in local events (expos, celebrations, etc.)
• distribute rental questionnaires both externally and internally
• conduct rental tours
• understand and communicate rental fees, expenses, policies and procedures
• manage rental events on the appropriate calendars
• write up and execute rental contracts and invoices
• coordinate event details with staff members and vendors
• maintain effective communication with rental clients to ensure customer satisfaction
• maintain various spreadsheets including Rental income, TULIP, etc.
• assist with Operations paperwork including general filing, PO’s, etc.
• assist Director and Associate Director as needed
The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, a pro-active work ethic, and a passion for the arts – especially music and live performance. Attention to detail, superior multitasking abilities, and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment are essential. Experience with Microsoft Office is beneficial.
Instructions to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, and a grant writing sample via email to: Teresa Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send via mail to: The Grand Opera House, Attn: Teresa Crawford, 818 North Market Street, Wilmington, DE 19801.