FREE Arts Activities
FUN for Kids!
June 15 – August 13, 2015
The Grand is pleased to announce the return of Wilmington's Summer in the Parks. Starting Monday, June 15, we will present 9 weeks of free arts activities for kids of all ages in neighborhoods across the City of Wilmington – PLUS special evening events for families to come out and enjoy together!
Every Weekday Morning @ 9:30-10:30 AM
- MONDAY ... Prices Run (BBW Park at N. Locust & E. 23rd Streets)
- TUESDAY ... Woodlawn Park (4th & Ferris Streets)
- WEDNESDAY ... Tilton Park (N. Franklin – W. 7th & 8th Streets)
- THURSDAY ... Speakman Playground (BBW Park at E. 30th Street)
- FRIDAY ... Holloway/Compton Park (N. Lombard & E. 7th Streets)
Every Weekday Afternoon @ 12-1 PM
- MONDAY ... Helen Chambers Playground (N. Madison & W. 6th Streets)
- TUESDAY ... Barbara Hicks Park (Bradford & B Streets)
- WEDNESDAY ... Kosciuszko Park (Sycamore & S. Broom Streets)
- THURSDAY ... Judy Johnson Park (N. Dupont & W. 3rd Streets)
- FRIDAY ... Haynes Park (N. Franklin – W. 30th & 32nd Streets)
Artists include: Alfie Moss, DCCA, Delaware Art Museum, Delaware Shakespeare Festival, E. Shawn Qaissaunee & The Q Factor, First State Ballet Theatre, GCJ Uniques, Griots Wa Umoja, Icon DJ, Illstyle & Peace, IVA, Janina Williams, Jill Carpenter, Matson Run Pickers, Minas, Native Arcade, Nature Jams, OperaDelaware, Pegasus Trio, Philly Vibe Duo, Pieces of a Dream, TAHIRA, Wilmington Drama League.
PCK Art Collective presents a community-wide painting party.
Alfie Moss & the Dexter Koonce Project present the best of jazz, R&B, blues, Caribbean, Motown and contemporary music.
Christina Cultural Arts Center’s faculty (Darnell Miller, Music Director) presents “A Tribute to the Isley Brothers.”
Wilmington Ballet Academy of the Dance presents a ballet class demonstration and a performance of classic ballet excerpts.
Christina Cultural Arts Center’s Raye Jones Avery & Guardians of Stolen Art presents “Remembering the Ancestors Through Song, Dance & Poetry.”
Diamond State Chorus, Sweet Adelines International & Diamond State Concert Band present a full concert of barbershop style singing, plus marches, show tunes, and more.
Music School of Delaware presents a variety of classical music selections performed by young Suzuki students (ages 4-8!) followed by a repeat performance of CCAC/Darnell Miller’s “A Tribute to the Isley Brothers.”
Fostina Dixon with New Blend presents her unique saxophone and vocal style combining jazz, R&B, and soul.
First State Symphonic Band presents a Music Discovery event – get to know the musicians and learn how to conduct! – followed by a full band concert.
All programs/schedules contingent upon weather, subject to change.
Sponsored by the City of Wilmington.
Produced by The Grand Opera House.
Additional support provided by:
The Wilmington Parking Authority