Applying for a Position at The Grand
Thank you for your interest in applying for a job at The Grand! The Grand Opera House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to create and maintain a diverse workplace.
Only electronically submitted resumes linked to a specific open position can be considered. A listing of current job opportunities can be found below. To apply for a specific position, submit your resume and cover letter in a Word or PDF document to email@example.com with the job position in the subject line*.
You may also submit your cover letter and resume by:
Fax: 302-652-5346 Attn: Teresa Crawford
By Mail: The Grand
Attn: Teresa Crawford
818 N. Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
The Grand will contact you if an interview is considered appropriate. Application materials for a specific position are kept on file for one year.
Due to the volume of resumes received, The Grand is unable to acknowledge each resume.
Part-time (20/week in the office with flexible schedule) – Salary commensurate with experience
The Grants Writer is responsible for managing foundation and corporate grants. He/she performs administrative and support activities for the Development office including, but not limited to, preparation of and reporting on cyclical grant applications, grant research, and assistance with Development department tasks as needed. The Grants Writer reports to The Director of Development.
Key tasks involve:
- Maintaining application and reporting schedules for all current and prospective grantors
- Providing excellent stewardship to all grantors including reporting requirements, recognition, invitations for site visits and special events, general ongoing communications, and signage for sponsored shows
- Coordinating with the Donor Relations Manager to process gifts, acknowledgement letters, and contact information updates
- Working with all Development staff and Board members to strategize and maximize potential for success with all grant requests, as well as to fulfill grant expectations
- Researching current and new prospects for general and project support
- Assisting the Development department with major fundraising events supported by corporate sponsors – specifically The Grand Gala in December
The ideal candidate will have corporate and foundation grant-writing experience, as well as a passion for the arts – especially music and live performance. Attention to detail, willingness to work in a collaborative environment, and a pro-active work ethic are essential. Applicable degree and experience in the field are preferred.